Adventure, enchantment and ‘Luxury, naturally’ - all delivered with a quiet, understated charm and understanding of place – is the guiding philosophy of Sanctuary Retreats and one of their historic luxury safari lodges, Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge. Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge was built for Kenneth Kaunda, the first Zambian president, in the 1970's and the property’s original colonial style has been retained in the furnishings. The lodge is located in the South Luangwa National Park, a place of primeval forest and lush savanna, stretching for hundreds of miles and encompassing the Luangwa River basin. The lodge’s unique hilltop position in the South Luangwa affords incredible views over the lush valley below, stretching as far as the Luangwa River.
Why Sanctuary Chichele Lodge:
• Historic property built as a presidential retreat in the 1970's
• Children of all ages welcome, with dedicated children’s program – perfect for families
• South Luangwa is well known for its game viewing and endemic species: Thornicroft’s Giraffe and Crawshay’s Zebra
• Open year round due to all weather access roads
• South Luangwa rated as one of the best places in Africa to see leopard
• Complimentary Wi-Fi in the main areas