Adventure, enchantment and ‘Luxury, naturally’ - all delivered with a quiet, understated charm and understanding of place – is the guiding philosophy of Sanctuary Retreats and one of their smallest camps, Sanctuary Baines’ Camp. Sanctuary Baines’ Camp is located on a vast private concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana’s Okavango Delta and with its vast and diverse wildlife species is one of the premium destinations in the world for a dynamic safari experience and offers a truly unique wilderness safari in Africa.
An intimate safari camp, Sanctuary Baines’ was named after the 19th century explorer and painter Thomas Baines. This is Sanctuary’s smallest camp with just five suites set on elevated platforms in the tree line with wooden decks that offer expansive views over the permanent water of the Boro River and a lagoon teeming with life. An eco-friendly property, Sanctuary Baines’ Camp was built using only commercially grown wood, with over 150,000 recycled aluminum cans incorporated within the walls to provide insulation.
Why Baines' Camp:
• Small intimate camp with just 5 rooms
• Romantic Star beds and star baths make it a perfect place for honeymoons
• Offers land and river based activities, walking and night drives
• Unique bush skills activity
• Eco-friendly camp built from cans
• Complimentary Wi-Fi available in all the rooms