Camp Estate - Country House
Situated 500 metres from the Larnach Castle gate, is ‘Camp Estate’, a glamorous Country House, positioned on Larnach Castle land. The rooms are luxuriously decorated, with particular attention being paid to guest comfort. Each of the five bed rooms has a gas fire place, and all have wonderful pastoral or harbor views.
Camp Estate offers complete privacy. Breakfast is cooked by your host and served in the breakfast room at Camp Estate, it is part of your accommodation package. Also included in the accommodation package is complementary entry to Larnach Castle and Garden.
Larnach Lodge accommodation is purpose built within the grounds of Larnach Castle. Being built beside the original historic Stables and over the foundations of old farm buildings, Larnach Lodge was designed as a re-creation of a colonial farm building, positioned with spectacular harbor, ocean and Peninsula views.
- Larnach Lodge is Qualmark 4-Star rated within the “Guest and Hosted” category.
- Twelve themed rooms, encapsulating the historic Larnach Castle setting. Themes include: Scottish, Enchanted Forest, Rhododendron, Kate’s, New Zealand, Rose, Sea, White, Kauri, Pink, Goldrush, and Victorian.
- Set within 35 acres of gardens and grounds, perfect for evening strolls and walks.
- Twelve rooms (4 standard, 5 balcony, and 3 premium), all with ensuite shower (premiums have bath+shower), heater, phone, TV, radio alarm, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, guest laundry, car parking.
- Central to other unique Otago Peninsula attractions, such as; the Royal Albatross Colony, the Yellow Eyed Penguin Reserve, Monarch Wildlife Cruises and Glenfalloch Gardens.
The historic Stables are a 135 year old Category 1 listed historic building situated in the grounds of Larnach Castle, beside Larnach Lodge.
The lower part of the Stables includes the breakfast area; a guest lounge, laundry, and internet area; and a display highlighting the original Stable horse stalls.
The upper part of the Stables includes a further six guest rooms. These rooms are limited in size and have shared bathroom facilities, providing a more economical option for the budget conscious traveler, while still allowing guests to experience Larnach Castle (and have dinner in the Castle).