KI Food Safari
Following the sell-out success of past editions, the KI Food Safari, returns in 2014, once again with a star studded cast. Kicking off from August 2, the Safari is a hands-on, muddy-boots paddock and vineyard discovery of Kangaroo Island’s best produce and its journey to the plates and glasses at Southern Ocean Lodge. Treasured Barossa cook Maggie Beer returns for an encore performance as safari leader, joined by culinary master, Mark Best. The iconic foodies team up with Lodge Chef, Tim Bourke to cook, sample and explore produce across the island. There’s incredible dining using produce gathered during the day’s adventures and unforgettable feasting in the field.
In the company of stellar Safari Leaders, Maggie Beer and Mark Best, join the rollicking fun as they guide excursions from farm to winery to choose the finest and freshest produce for the evening’s menu. Guests can expect star appearances throughout by local producers and food personalities. The Safari will travel across Kangaroo Island, a destination emerging globally as an island of exceptional food producers who operate on a mostly small scale, sustainable and personal basis. The Safari ‘troopers’ will meet producers, taste straight from the source and hear remarkable stories along the way.
KI Food Safari Inclusions
- 7 nights accommodation in your preferred luxury suite
- All dining, open bar* with premium wines and spirits, in-suite bar, signature Kangaroo Island experiences and island airport transfers (*cellarmasters list additional)
- Return airfare with Regional Express between Adelaide and Kingscote, Kangaroo Island
- KI Food Safari itinerary of epicurean excursions
- The fine company of KI Food Safari leaders, Maggie Beer and Mark Best, plus a swag of special guests and local food and wine identities