Kauri Cliffs consists of eleven outlying guest cottages, each with two guest suites providing twenty-two accommodation units at Kauri Cliffs. Every suite offers its own private porch, comfortable bedroom with sitting area and open fireplace, walk-in his and hers wardrobes and a bathroom with a shower, bathtub and his and hers vanities. The cottages are nestled on the edge of a native forest overlooking the ocean and golf course.
The eleven cottages comprise 16 Deluxe units (approximately 750 sq ft / 69.7 sq m) and 6 standard units (approximately 601 sq ft / 55.9 sq m) which are nestled on the edge of native bush looking east from private verandas across the golf course and the Pacific Ocean. They are in a staggered row to the north of the main lodge building along a meandering tree studded path.
The main bedroom features an open gas fireplace, superior mini-bar, large armoire with a TV, DVD player, CD player, super-king bed (able to be split into 2 super-singles), rattan armchairs, writing desk and ottomans. The ‘Security’ Rooms
There are two “security” rooms in addition to the 22 Deluxe and Standard suites. Featuring two single beds, en suite bathroom and wardrobe, these rooms are used predominantly for accompanying security, drivers, minders or children.Owners Cottage
A large (4,200 square foot) two-suite house is positioned with the main lounge and two bedrooms overlooking the ocean and golf course towards the Bay of Islands.
The house has a private infinity swimming pool and hot tub and easy access to all lodge amenities. There is an outdoor barbecue and cooking facilities for the chef if private in-house dining is preferred.
There are open fireplaces in the bedrooms and the main lounge. There are two bathrooms and a powder room in the house.
A small office can be converted into a third bedroom ideal for children or a nanny.
- Conde Nast Traveller UK – The Gold List – January 2012
- Kauri Cliffs listed as best for leisure facilities in Australasia & South Pacific
- Travel + Leisure Magazine – T+L 500 World’s Best Awards, January 2012
- The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs ranked #1 in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific with a score of 96.25
- Conde Nast Traveller UK named The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs in his Gold List, 2012
- Kauri Cliffs has been recognized by Fodor’s 100 Hotel Awards as one of the best Luxurious Retreats in the world
- Conde Nast Traveler USA – Reader’s Choice Awards, November 2011- Number 1 Resort in Oceania and Number 6 in the World
- Beach Tomato beach property Awards winners 2011 has recognised kauri Cliffs as Best Spa
- Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards 2011 -Kauri Cliffs voted number 6 in the world - the top resort in Oceania!